Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference PT ITU-T (revised January 2017)
The Project Team on Strategic ITU-T Issues (PT ITU-T) is tasked:
- to identify the issues that in Europe’s view are of central importance for ITU-T and that ITU-T groups should address;
- to identify issues addressed by ITU-T and its groups that are of pertinence from Europe’s perspective;
- to prepare and coordinate CEPT positions and contributions to ITU-T and its groups;
- to organise the co-ordination of CEPT actions for the preparation for and during the course of the World Telecommunication Standardisation Assembly 2020 (WTSA-20);
- to develop draft European Common Proposals (ECPs) and draft CEPT Briefs, including relevant information from outside CEPT, for WTSA-20;
- to consult with relevant stakeholders with the principal aim to collect information and to broaden the support of CEPT ECPs and CEPT positions;
- to report to the Com-ITU Plenary on the progress of its work and seek approval for ECPs and Briefs for WTSA-20.
The Project Team should work by electronic means. It may meet physically, preferably during or back-to-back with relevant ITU-T meetings or CEPT Com-ITU meetings.
The general participation rules of CEPT Com-ITU shall apply. Observers may be represented by several participants.
 CEPT contributions to ITU-T (i.e. contributions stating in a footnote that they were “developed and agreed within the framework of CEPT Com-ITU PT ITU-T”) have to comply with the provisions of the Com-ITU Working Methods.
Updated: 08 January 2018, 08:24