Terms of Reference
The Project Team for the preparation for the Plenipotentiary Conference 2018 on Policy topics (PT PP18-Policy) is tasked to:
- identify and study priorities and issues associated with the agenda of the PP-18 on the topics identified in Annex 1, taking into account, where appropriate, any developments on the decisions of the previous PPs (see Annex 2) and relevant decisions of ITU Council;
- hold meetings during the preparatory cycle for PP-18;
PT PP18-Policy shall, in relation to the above items, carry out the following tasks:
- draft European Common Proposals (ECPs);
- draft a CEPT brief, including information on the proposals to the conference from other administrations;
- prepare CEPT positions, for presentation to other administrations or regional bodies as appropriate;
- coordinate with the Com-ITU Project Team PP18-FIMO, when appropriate, on topics of mutual interest;
- consult with relevant stakeholders with the principal aim of collecting information and broadening the support base for CEPT ECPs and CEPT positions; and
- report to the Com-ITU Plenary on the progress of its work and seek approval for ECPs and Briefs for PP-18.
PT PP18-Policy Working Methods
- Rules of Procedures and Working Methods of Com-ITU shall apply;
- The Project Team should work by electronic means. It may meet physically but preferably during, or back-to-back with, relevant ITU meetings or CEPT Com-ITU meetings;
- Observers may participate in meeting of the Project Team in accordance with the Com-ITU Rules for Participation of Observers.
Updated: 24 January 2017, 16:14