Terms of Reference
The Project Team on the World Telecommunications Development Conference 2017 (PT WTDC-17) is tasked to:
- hold meetings during the preparatory cycle for WTDC-17;
- identify and study priorities and issues associated with the agenda of the WTDC-17, taking into account, where appropriate, any developments on the decisions of the previous WTDCs, relevant decisions of ITU Council and relevant resolutions from PP-14; and
- organise the co-ordination of CEPT actions in preparation for and during the course of WTDC-17.
In this context, PT WTDC-17 shall identify issues that in Europe’s view are of central importance for the ITU-D sector, taking into account their potential impact on the other ITU sectors;
PT WDTC-17 shall, in relation to the above items, carry out the following tasks:
- draft European Common Proposals (ECPs);
- draft a CEPT brief, including consideration of the proposals to the conference from other administrations / regional organisations;
- prepare CEPT positions, for presentation to other administrations or regional bodies as appropriate;
- coordinate WTDC-17 related matters at relevant ITU meetings, in particular TDAG, Regional Development Forum and Regional Preparatory Meeting;
- consult with relevant stakeholders with the principal aim of collecting information and broadening the support base for CEPT ECPs and CEPT positions; and
- report to the Com-ITU Plenary on the progress of its work and seek approval for ECPs and Briefs for WTDC-17.
PT WDTC-17 Working Methods
- Rules of Procedures and Working Methods of Com-ITU shall apply;
- The Project Team should work by electronic means. It may meet physically but preferably during, or back-to-back with, relevant ITU meetings or CEPT Com-ITU meetings;
- Observers may participate in meeting of the Project Team in accordance with the Com-ITU Rules for Participation of Observers.
Updated: 26 June 2017, 16:56