Methods of Work for Civil-Military meeting
Methods of Work for the Civil-Military Meeting
Agreed at the WGFM#69 meeting in May 2010 in St. Petersburg and based on the result of the discussions during the Civil-Military meeting in Istanbul in March 2010.
- The ECC/WG FM Civil-Military Meeting is a forum for frequency managers within CEPT to discuss issues of civil/military co-operation.
- The Civil-Military Meeting does not have a decision making role but makes proposals and recommendations for consideration to WG FM on issues arising from civil-military co-operation in spectrum management.
- The Civil-Military Meeting is to be co-chaired by the WG FM chairman and a military representative from the host country. If the latter is not available, the meeting will elect a military representative as the co-chair from those attending the meeting.
- The Civil-Military Meeting is organised by WG FM on a regular basis. It normally takes place every 2 years as a separate meeting of WGFM with dedicated aims and topics for discussion.
- When deciding on the date of the next Civil-Military Meeting, WG FM will formulate the issues on which proposals or recommendations are expected.
- Following the decision on dates and topics a drafting group under the chairmanship of the NATO representative will develop a draft agenda for the Civil-Military Meeting. The drafting group will convene during WG FM Meetings or work by correspondence.
- Proposals and Recommendations from the Civil-Military Meeting have to be agreed by consensus.
- A draft Report from the Civil-Military Meeting will be prepared by the WG FM secretary after the meeting and uploaded to the ECO server for comments by the meeting participants before the final version is published.
- The WG FM Meeting following the Civil-Military Meeting will consider proposals and/or recommendations from the Civil-Military Meeting in order to take appropriate actions.
The output documentation from the last Civil/Military Meeting (November 2016 in Prague) is available here.
Updated: 20 March 2017, 22:32