Forum Forum

Go to forum

CG on LRTC for MFCN-MFCN coexistence

RSS
Peter Faris 13/09/17 15:10

ECC PT1#56 in Lyon 4-8 September 2017 agreed to open a correspondence group on 26GHz LRTC for MFCN-MFCN coexistence. The ToRs are as follows (see ECC PT1(17)185 SWG C Annex 7):

The CG shall contribute to the development of the LRTCs for inclusion in the draft ECC Decision on “Harmonised technical conditions for Mobile/Fixed Communications Networks (MFCN) in the band 24.25-27.50 GHz "

The CG will base its work on the Annex 2 of the draft ECC Decision (SWG C Annex 2), limited to MFCN-MFCN coexistence, to develop the draft further to allow PT1 to complete the draft ECC Decision during its #57 meeting.  The CG convener will provide a report on CG activity to PT1 before 4th December 2017.

Correspondence group convener: Marco Papaleo (Qualcomm)

Working methods: ECO forum and web meetings as appropriate.

Marco Papaleo 17/10/17 16:34

Hello All,

this email is to kick off the activity in the MFCN-MFCN coexistence correspond group.

As a first step, I would like to inform the group about the recent LS approved in RAN4 (attached here).

The LS points to the RAN4 technical report (TR) 38.803 which contains all assumptions and simulation results for the NR adjacent channel coexistence study carried in NR study phase. You can find the report at the following link:

https://portal.3gpp.org/desktopmodules/Specifications/SpecificationDetails.aspx?specificationId=3069

The LS also mentions that RAN4 currently working on the specification of the agreed RF parameters for the adjacent channel coexistence and will provide the full set of values in RAN4 #85 (end of Novemeber).

I would like to use as basis to start populating the draft working document, the parameters described in TR 38.803 and agreed in 3GPP.

Please let me know if this approach is fine with you by the end of the week.

Thanks

Marco

Marco Papaleo 17/10/17 17:15

I am attaching the LS that was missing in the previous post.

Thanks

Marco 

Marco Papaleo 07/11/17 23:14

Hello All,

I am attaching a short working document about MFCN vs MFCN coexistence in 26GHz band.

The idea is to capture the following points:

• General principle for MCFN vs MFCN coexistence in 26GHz
  • Key RF requirements for MCFN vs MFCN coexisence in 26GHz
  • Derivation of BEM

As you can see, all the document is in revision marks and subject to discussion within the group. I only captured basic information related to MFCN vs MFCN coexistence based on my little experience in this matter. Feel free to add or provide comments.

The chapter for derivation of BEM is empty since I prefer to wait for input contributions.

Based on the first round of comments, I am planning to schedule a call.

Looking forward to receiving your feedback.

Thanks 

Marco

Marco Papaleo 15/11/17 12:12

All,

I apoligize but I have just noticed that the MFCN vs MFCN CG conference call for next week was not advertised.

You can see the meeting info here:

https://cept.org/ecc/groups/ecc/ecc-pt1/client/meeting-calendar/event-details/?meetingid=2160

Thanks

Marco

Marco Papaleo 21/11/17 12:26

Hi All,

in the call today I would like to focus on the following points:

• Introduction of the working document
  • Discussion on the approach to derive BS BEM
  • Discussion on the approach for UE power limits definition
  • Other issues

Let me know if you want to add something

Thanks

Marco

Marco Papaleo 23/11/17 20:24

Hi All,

thanks for joining the meeting on Tuesday. Please find attached meeting minutes and latest version of the working document. 

Main action points captured in the minutes are the following:

• Clarification about sync/async behavior. Possible simulations could help to understand if the sync BEM can be applied to async case
  • BEM definition based on min channel BW measurement. Actual proposals are needed.
  • In-band Tx power limit. Contribution are needed here on whether/why the requirement is needed and eventually what would be the limit.

Regards

Marco

Close
Site will periodically be offline Monday 22nd April between 0800 CEST and 1200 CEST - IMPORTANT - please read here for changes in functionality after update
Do not show again