Terms of Reference
The Project Team shall:
- work on spectrum issues related to railway applications, especially GSM-R and its successor;
- undertake an assessment of the spectrum needs for the future railway mobile communication system, including train-to-train, while considering, among others, the System Reference Document TR 103 333 on GSM-R networks evolution provided by ETSI;
- identify and evaluate a set of suitable candidate bands for European-wide harmonisation of spectrum (both below and above 1 GHz) with regard to mission-critical railway radiocommunications,
- consider aspects related to access to commercial and other mobile networks;
- assess spectrum issues, including transitional matters;
- monitor the national coordination/cooperation processes between GSM-R and MFCN;
- develop or review ECC Decisions, ECC Recommendations, ECC Reports and other deliverables in relation to railway applications, as requested by WG FM;
- liaise, as appropriate, with ECC Working Groups and Project Teams (e.g. CPG, FM and SE PTs), ETSI, 3GPP and other relevant organisations as authorised by WG FM;
- use electronic working methods as far as possible;
- report on progress at WG FM meetings.
Participation in this PT shall be open to:
- representatives of CEPT administrations;
- representatives from industry, who are full members of ETSI;
- other official representatives of organisations which have a MoU or LoU with CEPT or ECC, such as ETSI, UIC, GSMA and EC;
- representatives from EUAR.
- others may be invited by the chairman to attend meetings of the Project Team when appropriate.
Approved by WGFM#87
Updated: 28 February 2018, 18:21