Digital Dividend (DD) at 800 MHz
THIS IS AN ARCHIVED PAGE AND MAY CONTAIN DEAD LINKS
This page gathers information on the activities relating to Digital Dividend within CEPT in the period 2008-2011.
WRC-07 allocated the band 790 - 862 MHz to the Mobile Service on a Primary basis in Region 1 including Europe. This resulted in a call for compatibility studies with other primary services (WRC-11 Agenda Item 1.17).
In April 2008, further to the first Mandate on Digital Dividend, EC issued a second Mandate to the CEPT on technical considerations regarding “harmonisation options for the digital dividend in the European Union”.
Taking due account of the ECC work in response to the EC Mandates on Digital Dividend, the European Commission has adopted the following deliverables:
28 October 2009
European Commission Recommendation 2009/848/EC on "Facilitating the release of the digital dividend in the European Union"
6 May 2010
Commision Decision 2010/267/EU on harmonised technical conditions of use in the 790-862 MHz frequency bands for terrestrial systems capable of providing electronic communications services in the European Union.
Outcomes of the ECC work
The work within the ECC in response to the 2nd EC Mandate on Digital Dividend has been carried out by its sub-ordinate groups ECC TG4, ECC PT1 and WGSE PT42 and resulted in the following CEPT Reports finally approved by the 23rd (22-26 June 2009, Isle of Man, UK) (CEPT Report 29) and 24th (26-30 October 2009, Skopje, FYR of Macedonia) (CEPT Reports 30-32) ECC meetings:
- CEPT Report 29 on ‘Guideline on cross border coordination issues between mobile services in one country and broadcasting services in another country’
- CEPT Report 30 on ‘The identification of common and minimal (least restrictive) technical conditions for 790 - 862 MHz’
- CEPT Report 31 on ‘Frequency (channelling) arrangements for the 790-862 MHz band’
- CEPT Report 32 on ‘Recommendation on the best approach to ensure the continuation of existing Program Making and Special Events (PMSE) services operating in the UHF (470-862 MHz), including the assessment of the advantage of an EU-level approach’.
Within the framework of ECC activities on Digital Dividend the following ECC deliverables have been approved:
- ECC Decision (09)03 on ‘Harmonised conditions for mobile/fixed сommunications networks (MFCN) operating in the band 790 - 862 MHz’, developed in co-operation between ECC PT1 and WGSE PT42 and approved by the 24th ECC meeting (26-30 October 2009, Skopje, FYR of Macedonia)
- ECC Report 148: DVB-T performance in the presence of LTE (6-7 June 2010, Marseille)
- Revised ECC Report 138: Measurements on the performance of DVB-T receivers versus mobile systems (6-7 June 2010, Marseille)
- ECC Report 142 on ‘Rearrangement activities for broadcasting services in order to free the sub-band 790 - 862 MHz‘, approved by the 1´5th meeting of ECC TG4 (8-10 February 2010, Cork, Ireland)
Within ECC, CPG-12 PTD was the lead group for the CEPT preparations for the WRC-11 Agenda Item 1.17 on sharing studies between the mobile service and other services in the band 790-862 MHz in Regions 1 and 3. The European common position developed by CPG PTD and also adopted by the CPG was the basis for the agreement reached at WRC-12 on this agenda item.
The Platform started its activities in September 2009 by analogy with the so-called “North sea Group”. Administrations represented are: Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Switzerland, The Netherlands and UK.
The Platform is covering strategic topics related to the implementation of the Digital Divided (DD) in the scope of frequency management related issues. Discussing these issues is beneficial for Administrations involved in bilateral negotiations processes.
Consult the web page of the group.
Updated: 08 February 2023, 10:23